DCC DC VOLTAGE DETECTOR
This device is used for proving dead operation of direct current overhead conductors, especially railway catenary (metro, trains).
- Detection of DC voltage (presence or absence of voltage).
- Detection of residual DC voltage measures the unloading of the line.
- Detection of nominal or induced AC voltage (presence or absence of voltage).
- Avoids false nominal DC voltage detection: Double measurementcircuit to discriminate nominal voltages from stray voltages coming from surrounding circuits.
- Permanent checking of the earth leads Permanent checking of the continuity of the earth lead.
- Direct access to the battery and sealed electronics compartment.
- When the battery is replaced, this design prevents the following.
- Damage to electronic circuits
- Humidity ingresses the device when the battery is replaced outdoors.
- An optimized indication that can be clearly identified in all working conditions.
- The indicator light is visible in all usual working environments, in sunlight or fog, with a wide visibility angle.
- The 100 dB sound signal (from 1 meter) is audible over traffic noise or strong wind, thanks to natural conduction by an acoustic “horn”.
- Full self-test with self-test button including continuity checking of the lead, battery level and low battery indication.
- Dedicated display for each function clear information.
- Warning for overrated voltage range 5000 V) visual and continuous sound indication.
- A current limitation in the cable is below 3, 5 mA.
- Up to 36 kV surge voltage withstanding.
- Robust shell with shock-absorbing adapter, range of adapters available on request (U, APV R).
- Counter nut allowing the electrode to be locked in any direction.
- Ergonomic button adapted to operation with insulating gloves.
- Nominal voltage range Un 120 V to 3000 V DC.
- Double voltage indication powerful beeping sound and a flashing light indication.
- The presence of real DC voltage is indicated by audible and flashing high-brightness red light.
- Bright orange LED indication Presence of interference voltage (DC residual charge) or stray voltages coming from surrounding circuits (faulty insulators).
- The presence of alternative voltage is indicated by high-brightness blue light.
- Autotest OK and no voltage indicated by green high brightness light.
- Self-check is incorporated to ensure the correct functioning of a device in the field before and after use.
- Operating temperature 25 to 55 C, humidity 20 to 96
- IP 65
- 1st index 6 dustproof
- 2nd index 5 Waterproof
- Suitable for outdoor use
- Battery 9-volt alkaline CEI IEC 6 LR 61
- Delivered in a metal case or soft case
|Reference||Nominal voltage||End fitting||Packaging
|DCC3600U||120 – 3600V DC||AFLEX U||Soft case
Contact us for the full technical details using the button below.
See our other products
P&B Weir Electrical Ltd (PENTA P&B) is the leading designer, manufacturer and supplier of quality electrical safety products.
PENTA P&B is a globally recognised designer, manufacturer and supplier of temporary portable earthing, voltage detectors, Buchholz relays and electrical safety products.
With a heritage spanning over eighty years, and world-class experience in equipment designed for the safe maintenance of power systems, PENTA P&B provides customers with high-quality service, reliable solutions and technical expertise.