UNITAG VOLTAGE DETECTOR FOR LV NETWORK
The UNITAG LV voltage detector is a unipolar detector designed to test the presence of phase on insulated or bare LV conductors. The level of detection is indicated by a LED bar graph and a beeping sound whose speed increases as the device approaches a live source.
It is commonly used for detecting stray voltage on poles and crosses arms, conductor disconnection on overhead insulated LV conductors. UNITAG will not replace a standard “proving dead” device but is an ideal complement to a bipolar LV detector.
|For LV distribution network||>>||CATIV 1000V
|All weather condition||>>||IP65
|HV network checking up to 24kV||>>||when used with insulating stick
This unipolar detector is designed to address two types of needs :
- Checking electrical works which may be damaged, have a spurious level of safety or undetermined power source:
- The safe approach of damaged cables or cabinets (storm, flood, digging, accident …)
- Safe approach to the metalwork (cabinet, lighting pole, frame or under footpath connecting box…)
- The safe approach of metal cable shielding when preparing a cable joint
- Checking earth circuit
- Checking presence of voltage at cable ends (MV or LV)
- The safe approach of flooded electrical installation(under investigation, looking for feedback)
Checking LV insulated network (non-shielded) :
- Checking voltage presence on LV overhead insulated or covered cables
- Looking for discontinuity on LV overhead insulated or covered cables
- Proving the switch position upon an LV overhead insulated or covered cable
- Identifying out Phase and Neutral cable
- Sound and light alert on voltage presence
- UNITAG 1000V for use on networks
- Can be used by hands or on an insulating stick
- Indication of detection level
- Tip length designed for access to LV panel and test point
- Audible beeping speed is proportional to the level of detection
- Visual indication of the level of detection on a bright LED bar graph
- Automatic self-test, when switched on with green, LED indication
- Multipurpose detector: street light, insulating twisted cables, rescue team, and firefighters
Technical Specifications :
Field of use :
- Medium Voltage with the appropriate insulating stick
- Detection by direct contact from 50 V
- CAT IV 1000V
- 2 x LR03 1.5 volt alkaline (AAA)
|AC low voltage system:||From 50 V up to 1000 V AC
|Frequency: ||50- 60 Hz
|Temperature:||15° C to + 45° C
Light 5 section telescopic stick:
- Upper section insulating rod Ø 10 mm complying with IEC 60855
- 4 sections of hollow tubes
- Extended length = 2,15 m Collapsed length= 0,84 m.
- Delivered with a soft bag.
|Part Number||Type of use||Size (mm)||Weight (g)
|UNITAGHFE||Handheld||45 x 39 x 227 mm||160 g
|UNITAGUFE||Handheld + stick interface||51 x 67 x 241 mm||210 g
|UNITAGUFX||Handheld soft shell + telescopic stick||51 x 67 x 1100 mm||710 g
Contact us for the full technical details using the button below.
See our other products
PBwel is the leading designer, manufacturer and supplier of quality electrical safety products.
PBwel is a globally recognised designer, manufacturer and supplier of temporary portable earthing, voltage detectors, Buchholz relays and electrical safety products.
With a heritage spanning over eighty years, and world-class experience in equipment designed for the safe maintenance of power systems, PBwel provides customers with high-quality service, reliable solutions and technical expertise.