PBwel successfully demonstrated the capability of the MTag voltage detector to a major DNO
With a heritage spanning over 80 years, P&B Weir Electrical Limited (PBwel) is recognised globally as a Designer, Manufacturer and Supplier of temporary portable earthing, voltage detectors, Buchholz Relays and electrical safety equipment.
This Go NoGo Contact voltage detector is designed for “proving dead”, making sure that nominal voltage is actually absent on a circuit of an HV distribution system, It’s two operating ranges are calibrated according to IEC recommendations between 1 kV and 69 kV:
- The device will detect any nominal voltage in contact with the part of the installation to be tested on overhead lines and substations.
- It will not indicate voltage presence when detecting induced voltages in order to allow grounding operations.
Optimised indicators that can be understood clearly in all working conditions:
- The visual indication is visible in all usual working environments, in sunlight or fog, with a wide-angle of visibility and from the side thanks to an optic ring.
- The 100 dB sound signal is designed to remain audible even in traffic or strong wind, thanks to its acoustic “horn”.
Direct access to the battery and sealed electronics compartment. When the battery is replaced, this design prevents the following:
- Accidental interchange of housing or circuitry;
- Damage to electronic circuits;
- Humidity ingress into the device when the battery is replaced outdoors.
- 2 in 1:
- This dual range detector acts as 2 voltage detectors with 2 separated ranges: lower range and upper range.
- The presence of nominal voltage within the calibrated ranges is indicated as shown below: