P&B Weir Electrical Limited now offer the IPROBE cable current flow meter which is safe and easy to use and avoids the limitations of current clamps and Rogowski coils.
- The IPROBE is a ‘STOP’, not a ‘GO’ device. Even if the cable has no current flowing in it (unloaded) it can still be live.
- The IPROBE should only be used as an aid to decision making.
- The IPROBE should not be used in place of a LV cable identifier such as FC5300 during live line working.
- The IPROBE should not be used in place of a cable identifier such as FC2310 during a lockout-tagout procedure
- The IPROBE should not be used on uninsulated (bare) conductors.
- The IPROBE should not be used on GIS or OIS with a sealed metal envelope.